Saturday, December 10, 2011

Munroe House Famous in its Day

The Munroe House was built along the old turnpike - now Route 5 - in the village of Elbridge in 1846-47 by David Pierce for James Munroe. Dickinson Rhoades was the first proprietor. For many years it was a very popular establishment and the center of community life. It burned to the ground on August 3, 1913.

No comments:

Post a Comment