One of the last remnants of stagecoach days between Syracuse and Watertown was the Dixon House, built in 1836. It was destroyed by fire on June 1, 1916. A large hall in the rear of the hotel was totally destroyed in the fire, along with its contents. A nearby livery stable and garage were also consumed in the flames. C.A. Williams was the last owner.