One of the most popular summer resorts in the Pulaski area for many years was the Ontario House, or Wood's Hotel at Port Ontario. It was located on the south side of the Salmon River, near the intersection of Routes 3 and 13, and was originally a stagecoach inn. It burned to the ground on July 1, 1917. At the time it was operated by Charles Mosher. The fire started in the kitchen. The total loss was $6,000, half of which was covered by insurance. This hotel was very popular with fishermen. Photo taken about 1908.